It’s a winter wonderland out there and, for many of us, snow days mean relaxing by the fire, reading a book and... NOT going outside.
With the thoughts of a recent snowfall dancing in my head, I began to think about some of the similarities between shovelling snow and downsizing.
8 WAYS shovelling snow is like…downsizing:
- When snow piles up or stuff accumulates, figuring where to start can be overwhelming!
- Shovelling snow and downsizing can be completed by starting small…and starting now.
- Falling snow is beautiful and so are the treasures you bring into your home…one at a time. But, soon, there is too much of everything!
- Both tasks require focus.
- Step back and admire what you’ve accomplished and you're motivated to keep going.
- Friends or family members may cheer you on, but seldom pitch in to help!
- Determine your progress by looking at the height of the piles you’ve created.
- You're working on creating open space so you can enjoy the beauty of what remains.
By the way, this Diva does NOT shovel snow!
Here’s to the best parts of winter…
whatever they may be!